What is Tinnitus? Read These Seven Tips[imwb_socialbuzz] By John On August 23, 2011 Under Ringing In Ears
If you are asking “what is tinnitus,” it is a perception of an unpleasant noise emanating inside your ears. It is usually called ringing in the ears. Most of the time, the condition is subjective. Meaning, only you can hear the noise inside your ears. Hence, the noise is called phantom noise.
In usual cases, it is impossible to stop ear ringing, but there are ways to minimize it. Here are some of them:
1. Ignore it. Tinnitus seems to become louder the more you put attention to it.
2. Reduce stress. Research shows that stress worsens an existing tinnitus. De-stressing is important for people with this problem.
3. Relax. It’s hard to relax when your ears are ringing like hell. But appropriate relaxation techniques can be learned for your advantage.
4. Play soft music. Some pleasant sound can help take away your attention from the ugly noise inside your head.
5. Go out. There is nothing more stimulating than inhaling fresh air and listening to nature sounds. Just stop going to noisy disco houses, or you’ll worsen your tinnitus.
6. Have your hearing screened. Tinnitus may be accompanied by hearing loss, so it’s wise to step into a doctor’s clinic to find out if your hearing is declining. You can also ask your doctor for the right tinnitus information which can help you cope with your condition.
7. Smile. You’re not going mad. Tinnitus isn’t supposed to make your life difficult. You’re just fine!